If you spend a lot of time on the web, then full protection is necessary. Below, I have listed ten tips on how to make web surfing safer.
1. Do not walk on suspicious you received a letter from your bank with a proposal to update the password, or from a website “” received a new message notification, do not rush to open the suggested links. Instead, it is possible to see , or the difference is only one letter, and many do not even notice. If you follow this link, in the worst case, your PC can pick up a serious virus. Tip number
2. Trust the anti-spam filters, e-mail. As anti spam filters, they filter almost all the letters, cheating lure you to a particular site hacking. And even if you still received a letter with a message about winning a million pounds, do not throw happily on the wall, shouting “I’m rich!” These messages reached to hundreds of thousands of users around the world every day. If they start paying then country such as Britain would be ruined for a long time, paying a million for each winner. Tip number
3. Install a comprehensive protection system. You should install antivirus, firewall, anti-spam filter and a couple of modules for the full protection of your computer. At present, the most popular antivirus is Kaspersky Internet Security, ESET Smart Security, Symantec Norton and a dozen others. Do not skimp on these systems. $50-70 for an annual license cannot be compared with the loss of important information, which can happen due to an insufficient level of protection for your PC and do not forget to regularly update the signatures database. It is best to configure the program to update automatically. Tip number
4. Use the browsers Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari. A survey shows that number of worms and malicious scripts are written for Internet Explorer and Opera. The first still holds the top spot in the popularity rating of 67% of their users, but only because it is built into Windows. Opera is very popular in Europe and Russia because of its convenience, and the ghost actually a large number of settings. Tip number
5. Do not believe the proposals to read other people’s messages or SMS. You are offered something that violates someone’s private space is supposedly a great secret. People are curious and trusting, too trusting and that sometimes leads to big troubles. Remember one simple thing, there are no freebies. None of the mobile operator will not allow the ability to view transcripts of calls was made available to anybody over the Internet. Tip number
6. Buy Apple Mac. “Mac” is considered the most secure computers because of its low prevalence compared to the PC, but also because of a different architecture. Tip number
7. Use licensed software. If you have just downloaded straight from the cracker program, run it and deliberately ignore the warning antivirus, be prepared for the fact that you can settle the trojan on your computer. Moreover, the program is popular, the higher the probability. On the other hand, anti-virus software is sometimes falsely react and quite harmless burglars. In general, it is better not to risk it. Tip number
8. Shop only at trusted online stores. If you love to shop online with a credit card, the store must be completely safe. If it’s a little-known shop, it is best to check it out before you leave any financial information out there. The easiest way is to write the name or URL in search engines and see what other people write about this store. The second way is set the Netcraft Toolbar (for Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer). This is a small free addition to your browser will show a potentially dangerous site, and will block access to known scam site (database updated constantly). Tip number
9. Regularly install software updates. Microsoft officials regularly warn that their new Internet Explorer is more secure than previous. The timely installation of updates is recommended for all of programs not just browsers, although the other software. Tip number
10. Beware of downloadable files on the Internet. There is no guarantee that by downloading the program, even in the well-known and respected site, you cannot hook to another trojan. New viruses come out faster than the protection from them, and anti-virus software sites could “miss the” next cunning virus. Especially dangerous to download files from peer to peer networks, and bring them on a flash drive nowhere.